Playa Marsella, San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua
The Lotus Palm Thai Yoga Massage training is designed for anyone with a desire to better themselves and the lives of others through Metta (the practice of loving-kindness) and healing massage therapeutics. In learning this invaluable skill you will have an opportunity to grow a prospering career.
Who should take the Lotus Palm Thai Yoga Massage training?
- Individuals looking for a prospering full or part-time career
- Massage therapists looking to broaden their knowledge and grow their customer base
- Yoga teachers looking add to their toolbox of skills. Thai Yoga Massage teaches you a safe and practical way to give therapeutic assists, and gives you a niche that sets you apart from other teachers and studios
- Yogi's, wellness enthusiasts, Personal trainers, Physiotherapists, Nurses, Nurse’s aids, Caregivers or other kind of health practitioners
- Individuals interested in being of service to humanity by healing others
Training Outline - Thai Yoga Massage Module 1 & 2
Thai Yoga Massage Module 1 - Prerequisite – Open to All
Course content and outline:
This 3-day Thai Yoga Massage Module 1 course teaches you a complete 60-minute Massage flow.
- Learn to perform a full body 60-minute massage.
- Apply the four foundations on Thai Yoga Massage (awareness, body mechanics, movement, and massage techniques using stretches, compressions, reflexology and working with energy).
- Effortless transitions between postures
- An introduction to contraindications and safety
- Care for the client and therapist before, during and after the massage
- Learn to use Thai techniques to benefit your Yoga practice and in your asana adjustments
In this 3-day Module 2 course you will learn an additional 60-minutes of Thai Massage techniques.
- 60 additional minutes of massage techniques
- Learn side-lying postures
- Expanded Thai energy lines
- How to customize massages to accommodate common ailments
- A new series of the side lying positions.
- Learn new Thai techniques to benefit your Yoga practice and your asana adjustments
Retreat Training Curriculum
- Arrive on April 22: A shuttle will pick you up at the Augusto C. Sandino International Airport in Managua, and drive you directly to your accommodation at Playa Marsella in San Juan del Sur.
- April 23: Day 1 of Thai Yoga Massage Module 1 starts after breakfast at 8:00AM
- April 24: Day 2 of Thai Yoga Massage Module 1
- April 25: Day 3 of Thai Yoga Massage Module 1
- April 26: Day off for optional activities and/ or excursions
- April 27: Day 1 of Thai Yoga Massage Module 2 starts after breakfast at 8:00AM
- April 28: Day 2 or Thai Yoga Massage Module 2
- April 29: Day 3 of Thai Yoga Massage Module 3
- April 30: Day off to review and practice what you've leaned. This day can also be used to participate in one of the many optional activities and/ or excursions (ex. Catamaran Day Trip, Surf Lessons, Trip To Granada and coffee plantation / volcano tour etc.
- May 1: After breakfast guests may either take one of the airport shuttles back to Augusto C. Sandino International Airport, or spend the day in San Juan del Sur. Shuttles to the airport will be available throughout the day.
* Breakfast will be served between 6:15 and 8:00AM every morning, lunch and leisure time will be between 11:00 and 1:00 daily, and dinner will be served after training every day between 5:15 and 7:00PM. Evenings are left free for you to practice what you have learned, enjoy the amenities of the hotel retreat grounds, or you may take a complimentary shuttle into town, or participate in an activity
After the Training
A Certification will be given upon completion of Thai Yoga Massage training Modules 1 & 2 (requirements for documented massages need apply). This Certification will allow individuals who wish to continue with the Lotus Palm program to take level 3 of the Lotus Palm Practitioners Training Program.*Note: There will be a 3-year deadline (starting from the last day of the training) to apply for Lotus Palm's Level 3 course. No worries though! You can retake Level 2 a a minimal fee at anytime, or take Bridge Program (3-hour assessment with a LP teacher) in order to be up to date and/or assessed before starting Level 3.
This applies only to students who complete both Thai Yoga Massage Modules 1 & 2 at the retreat training in Nicaragua.
For more information about the certification process see the Lotus Palm website (opens in a new window)
Nicaraguan Yoga Institute Luxury accommodation at Playa Marsella in San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua
The hotel is ocean front hotel in San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua. Situated behind Marsella Beach where beach goers can go for a swim, or indulge a fun filled day of surf. Features include a large open rooftop terrace, a catered restaurant and bar and a spectacular swimming pool.
Playa Marsella, San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua
Full beach access (Marsella Beach)
Restaurant and bar/lounge
3 meals daily
- Linen/ towels
- RT Airport Transfers
RT Airport Shuttle
Shuttles to and from town
LED TV | Premium TV channels
English/ Spanish/ Swedish speaking staff
Meet the Teacher
Sukha Wong Owner/Director Lotus Palm School
Born in Hong Kong, Sukha was raised in a traditional Chinese household where the art of massage was always a big part of her life. Her earliest memories of practicing massage on her mother holds a very special place in her heart. Meaningful memories of food, dragon dances, fireworks and many celebrations and customs still remain close to her heart. She believes that being selfless and dedicating her love to her mom helped her realize her calling. Her mom was truly her inspiration.
Raised in Montreal, Canada in a multicultural society, her east meets west upbringing truly brought a special balance to her work and has had many influences in her teachings. The understanding and link between different cultures helps to enrich her personally and professionally. Her extensive travels and studies internationally has given her the opportunity to expand and offer new and exciting workshops at the Lotus Palm.
As a martial artist (she is 3rd dan black belt in TaeKwonDo) she brings both decipline and body awareness to her teachings.
In 2011 she became owner of the Lotus Palm School and continues to spread and expand the beautiful healing art form of Thai Yoga Massage.
With the early years of Lotus Palm, she recognizes and thanks the people who got us here in the first place. She expresses her heartfelt admiration and appreciation for Kam Thye. It is an honor for her to continue and evolve the Lotus Palm legacy that he created.
Sukha is dedicated to the relaxing and spiritually nourishing art of Thai Yoga. As a certified massage therapist and instructor, she develops courses and applies a holistic life science and life strategy approach that enables her students reach their full potential. She believes Thai Yoga Massage is a deep and meaningful philosophy that washes away the stresses and strains of everyday living.
Sukha’s ongoing commitment to the integration of body and spirit compels her to inspire others through her teachings. She brings a friendly sense of balance and inner peace to stretching, compressing and energy work.